Becton Regional HS Face Covering/Mask
Update for the 2020-21 School Year
June 8, 2021
Dear Becton Regional High School Community:
I hope your day is getting off to a great start. Due to the recent heat wave and warm weather, which is no surprise for this time of year, there may be areas inside the school building that may be warmer than other areas and make it harder to breathe.
With that being said, in addition to my update sent this weekend to our school community and due to the dramatic drop in Covid cases as well as the number of vaccinated individuals, the Governor of NJ has given school officials the authority to relax mask mandates as necessary for the remainder of this school year. Therefore, effective immediately, teachers, staff, and students may remove their face coverings for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year under the following conditions:
- Inside Carlstadt & East Rutherford School Busses to and from school;
- All areas outside of the school building;
- All areas inside of the school building that students/staff may feel warmer than normal;
- When the individual has trouble breathing regardless of temperature in the building;
- When the individual has a documented medical condition that precludes the use of a face covering;
- When the individual is eating or drinking;
- When the individual is engaged in high-intensity aerobic or anaerobic activity;
- When students are participating in high-intensity physical education activities;
- When wearing a face covering creates an unsafe condition in which to operate equipment or execute a task.
- Teachers and students should always have a face covering available should one of the above conditions not be satisfied.
Thank you for your cooperation and please stay tuned as additional last minute guidance is shared with us that will allow all to breathe a little easier as we wrap up this historic school year. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Dario Sforza, Ed.D.