Messages from our Superintendent & Covid-19 Updates
The Carlstadt-East Rutherford (Becton) Regional High School District is working closely with multiple agencies as well as collaborating with school districts across Bergen County in order to share best practices, further study this virus, and confirm that we are prepared to protect our school community. With that said, we encourage families, teachers, students, and staff to keep themselves informed through national, local, state reputable sources. Please read the Messages from our Superintendent below. Updates will be provided regularly.
Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
If you are concerned, or want to know more about the Coronavirus what can you do?
- COVID-19 Self Assessment/Symptom Checker https://self.covid19.nj.gov/
- COVID-19 Information Hub https://covid19.nj.gov/
- Stay informed- but do so from reputable sources like the CDC website or New Jersey Department of Health
- The World Health Organization has created this informative video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOV1aBVYKGA&feature=youtu.be
- Bergen County Health Servies information
- The New Jersey Department of Health has opened a 24 hour hotline to answer questions about the Novel Coronavirus. 1-800-222-1222 or 1-800-962-1253
Remember it is cold and flu season, so to take everyday preventive action to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.