Becton Regional is a four-year comprehensive high school which strives to meet the general and individual needs of the students and the communities of Carlstadt, East Rutherford, and most recently Maywood. The district provides education to approximately 600 students in grades 9-12. A variety of subjects and programs are offered in order to prepare students for continuing education or employment beyond high school. Through an expansive curriculum, extracurricular activities, counseling and special services, and more, our school assists each student in developing character and lifelong skills and achieving his or her goals.
DISTRICT GOALS 2021-22
- The Becton Regional High School District will FINALIZE state plans for our historic BecTech Campus Expansion that will satisfy new social distancing requirements, the influx of students from Maywood, and the varying career and technology-focused programs, including trades, benefiting students from Carlstadt, East Rutherford, and Maywood for the foreseeable future. A strong detailed, and strategic marketing campaign will be launched during the year in collaboration with our larger three communities served and local municipalities, with a goal for a Spring 2022 school campus expansion referendum.
- The Becton Regional High School District will continue to apply and leverage all available state and federal funding and grants in order to supplement and enhance our academic, co-curricular, mental-health/wellness-social emotional learning and school infrastructure resources and programs due to potential losses stemming from the ongoing pandemic.
- The Becton Regional High School District will create a QSAC District and sub-committee team as well as gather the necessary data in preparation for the Spring 2022 QSAC intense 3 year District review with officials from the county and state NJDOE. The team will audit the district’s Instruction & Program, Fiscal, Governance, Operations, and Personnel.
- The Becton Regional High School District will work closely with the administration to continue to effectively staff the school district with new, diverse, and highly qualified personnel in order to properly run the district due to the historic merger with Maywood Public Schools and the influx of students from last school year, this school year, and the next two years moving forward.
- The Becton Regional High School District will continue to revise and update THE ROAD FORWARD plan using a common sense and logical approach as well as determined by changing circumstances with the COVID-19 pandemic in order to provide students and staff with a safe and healthy FULL DAY school environment.
- The Becton Regional High School District will invest in an ambitious Performing Arts and Music Band program for the 2021-22 school year with a goal of four major performances, inclusive of theatre, musical, holiday and more, by the end of the 2021-22 school year.